Taking about 2 minutes to get us on your email “whitelist” will ensure that you don’t miss the free resources and special offers we send your way!
Also, if you find email from email@example.com in your spam or junk folder, please hit the “not spam”, “not junk” or similar button, as that will train your program to whitelist it.
- First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button.
- Next, open an email that you have received from us.
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply.”
- Click “Add Power of Families to Contacts list”
- On that same drop-down menu next to “Reply,” select “filter messages like this.” You’ll see that “firstname.lastname@example.org” is automatically there in the “from” field and you’ll click on the blue text in the bottom right corner of the box that says “create filter” (no need to do anything else in that box). On the next screen you can check the boxes for “star it,” “never send to spam,” and “always mark as important.”
To whitelist email@example.com with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a “filter” after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click “Not Spam”
2. Be sure that the address email@example.com is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If firstname.lastname@example.org is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner)
5. On the Filters page, click “Add”
6. Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and email@example.com, which tells the system to put email with firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
7. Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox.’
8. Pick the “Add Filter” button.
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add email@example.com to your Hotmail Safe List. Here’s how:
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
2. Next, check to see if if the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find email@example.com on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
5. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Type an address or domain”
7. Click the “Add” button
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add email@example.com where it says “Add address”
5. Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. First, if you find email from email@example.com in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
2. Next, click the Address Book button
Apple Mail for OS X
1. First, if email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
3. Go to the Rules tab
4. Select Add Rule
5. Give this rule a name such as “Power of Families”
6. Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “email@example.com”
7. From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
8. Click “OK”
To add firstname.lastname@example.org to your AOL address book:
1. Open an email from us and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam’ button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add’ button
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste email@example.com into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field
6. Make our “From” address, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click “Save”