At Power of Families we consider the privacy of our visitors to be extremely important and we do not share your information. We do not sell our list EVER.
Power of Families (POF) values the privacy of our members and of every person who visits our website or shares any sort of information with us. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of the organization. All information, whether submitted online or in person, is collected via secure channels and stored in our secure database.
You can access the vast majority of the resources we offer without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. The only information we collect from a normal website visit is the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and type of machine you are using (mobile, tablet, computer), and the date and time of those requests. This helps us see how many people have accessed our information online, and what they did with it. This information is used internally only to inform and improve our website and online communication.
Lawful Purpose for Holding Information
We hold your personal data for the lawful purpose of legitimate interest. This means that we only collect your information in order to send materials that you would like to receive, make it possible for you to access the information you’ve signed up for or purchased, and keep you updated on further offerings on our website.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
What personal data we process and hold:
There are instances where Power of Families requests personally identifiable information so that we can email you materials that you would like to receive, set you up with a login/password so that you can access the information you’ve signed up for or purchased, and keep you updated on further offerings on our website.
This personal information may include your name, email address, and what offers and programs you have signed up for at Power of Families. We may also collect information related to why you are interested in Power of Families and any other relevant information which you choose to provide us.
Personally identifiable and financial information (including what you have paid for specific programs you have purchased) is strictly confidential and will not be shared with any other organization.
Like many other Web sites, Power of Families makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
How we process personal data:
Power of Families collects personal data in a number of ways. Any personal data that is collected will be when you interact with us through:
Signing up to receive free materials and information from us
Purchasing a program or product from us
Signing up for one of our events
Submitting an inquiry, either through our website, via email or on one of our social media accounts
Voluntary participation in a survey
Applying for a position
How and why we use your information:
Power of Families will use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries: If you contact us with a question or inquiry, we will use your personal information that you have provided to respond.
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs, respond to your customer service requests, and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send emails regarding your materials. The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your orders/purchases plus we will send you occasional emails with updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To provide regular communication: Power of Families sends updates on our latest posts and podcast episodes, opportunities to receive free materials, special discounts available on our programs, special offers from partern organizations, and upcoming events.
- To create user accounts. The email address and name you provide for order processing will be used to create a user profile so you can access the materials you have signed up for/purchased.
- To improve our products and offerings. Using analytical platforms, we will map broader analytical trends and patterns, making sure our products align with what our customers need and improve marketing materials.
- To enhance product advertising campaigns. Your information is also used to inform advertising campaigns across a variety of platforms to help improve the accuracy of our delivery.
- To track and encourage volunteer engagement and submission of material: If you apply to volunteer or submit material for publication on our site, we will keep a record of your personal information including email address, mailing address and phone number so that we can remain in touch about current volunteer needs, publication of your material, or future opportunities. We will not post personal contact information for any volunteers or authors without that individual’s consent.
- To gather information via surveys: Occasionally, we requests website visitors participation in surveys to improve our organization and our web presence. These surveys are entirely voluntary and each individual can choose whether or not to disclose information through them. All personal information will be kept in strict confidence and stored on our secure servers. All personal information gathered from surveys will be used solely to improve our offer
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. If you would like your data completely deleted from our system, please contact us at contact@poweroffamilies.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Who we share your information with:
Power of Families will never sell or share your details with other organizations or companies. We may share your your information with trusted service providers in order to help us with our work. These partners can only store and use your information under our direct instruction and will never use it for their own purposes.
Examples of organizations we may share your data with:
Marketing communications platform (We use Infusionsoft to help us manage our contact lists and send out our emails.)
Online payment platform (Stripe and Paypal)
- WordPress (We use WordPress to manage your access to the materials you have signed up for or purchased on Power of Families.)
How long we will keep your personal data:
Power of Families will hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary and lawful to do so. If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials and organizational updates, we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request to not be contacted by us.
How we keep your information safe:
It is important to be aware that there is always a risk associated with transmitting data online, especially if it is over a public network or computer. The protection of non-sensitive details such as your email address can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our very best effort to ensure its security on our systems. All staff who have access to your personal information are trained in how to keep your data secure.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Under GDPR, you have the following rights regarding Power of Families processing of your information:
Right to information: You are able to ask us what data about yourself is being processed, and its rationale.
Right to Access: You are able to request access to your personal data.
Right to Rectification: You are able to ask to modify or update your personal data if the information we have provided you is inaccurate.
Right to Erasure: You have the right to be forgotten. You may request that we erase all of your data from our systems, even if you have given us prior consent.
Right to Restrict Processing: You are able to request that we do not process your data while still allowing us to store it if you wish.
Right to Data Portability: You are able to easily obtain a copy of your personal information stored in a machine-readable and plain text format.
Right to Object: You may object to us contacting you.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You may request that we do not include your personal data in any automated profiling or analysis that might make assumptions about you.
How to raise concerns or make a complaint:
If you would like to make a complaint, have a question or raise a concern about how we process your personal data, please contact us at contact (at) poweroffamilies (dot) com.
All persons who sign up to participate in Power of Families, will receive periodic updates from us by email. You may request to opt-out of these updates by contacting us at contact(at)poweroffamilies(dot)com or unsubscribing (there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send).
This site contains hypertext links to other sites. Power of Families is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or content of such websites. Likewise, if you accessed our website from a third party side, we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of that site and recommend that you check their policy should you have any questions.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed by Power of Families. We use trusted third party organizations for some online functions. Each of these third parties has been carefully vetted and are accredited third party organizations that prioritize internet privacy and will keep your personal and financial information private. However, Power of Families shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to your use of this site or any information you transmitted to this site, or through our third party partners.
Our Advertising Partners
Power of Families has no access to or control over cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Power of Families does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Power of Families has somehow ended up with personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13 in our database, please contact us immediately by emailing us at contact (at) poweroffamilies (dot) com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.